Even though this has been a relatively mild winter, knowing the Parade of Homes Spring Tour is just around the corner makes getting through the darker days of winter a little bit easier. The Spring 2016 Parade of Homes(sm) begins February 20th and runs through March 20th. Homes on the tour can be viewed Thursdays through Sundays, noon to 6pm.
Here’s everything else you need to know about the Spring 2016 Parade of Homes:
- In its 68th year, the Spring Parade of Homes is presented by the Builders Association of the Twin Cities (BATC).
- This tour offers 458 new homes to tour, all open February 20 through March 20, Thursdays through Sundays from noon to 6:00 pm.
- All the homes are free to tour with the exception of four Artisan Dream Homes. Visitors pay a $5.00 donation to the BATC Foundation to enter.
- Artisan Dream Homes include:
~ #249 • Kroiss Development, Inc.; 1909 Humboldt Avenue S., Edina; $1,625,000
~ #253 • Sustainable Nine Design+Build, 3800 W. 57th Street, Edina; $1,975,000
~ #257 • TC Homebuilders, Inc.; 4220 Alden Drive, Edina; $2,300,000
~ #347 • NIH Homes, LLC; 2735 Deer Run Trail E., Orono; $1,695,000
- A comprehensive Guidebook provides complete information about the tour, including maps and photos or illustrations of all the homes, and will be available, free of charge, at area Holiday Stationstores beginning on February 5th.
- A comprehensive companion website offers a variety of search filters plus additional information about each builder at www.ParadeofHomes.org. An interconnected mobile site lets smart phone and tablet users access the same information.
- Online visitors can use the Trip Planner to map a route between selected homes (and later access them via their mobile device), find inspiration using the new 5,000+ photo gallery, and use the interactive Personal Designers to change colors and finishes on a variety of photos, then save them to their own Idea Gallery to share.
- Editorial in the Guidebook includes Real Family home building experiences, Infographics about buying new, a calendar for special Parade of Homes events, and Style (trends in designs and accessories) from Style Editor, Katy Baar
- The Parade of Homes will once again feature the Green Path Energy Tour, sponsored by Xcel Energy. This spring, 70 percent (322) of the Parade Homes were tested by an independent energy rater, and have been assigned a HERS (Home Energy Rating System) rating. These homes can share a Green Path Home Performance Report (HPR) that graphically explains the home’s energy test results and allow homebuyers to compare expected energy use between homes.
- The lowest priced home is #140 at $179,900. The two-bedroom, two-bath rambler-style single-family home is located in Somerset, Wisconsin, and constructed by Preferred Builders, Inc.
- Two Parade Homes tie for most expensive at $2,300,000. Artisan Dream Home, #257, by TC Homebuilders is in Edina. #348 by Stonewood, LLC is located in Orono.
- There are a total of 40 homes priced over $1,000,000 and 39 priced under $300,000. The total value of all homes on the tour is $270,730,516.
- Homes are located throughout the region, with Blaine (34), Lakeville (32), Plymouth (29), and Woodbury (22) having the most homes to tour. Closer in, Minneapolis, St. Louis Park and Roseville are all represented on the tour, with Edina coming in at eight homes. Outlying cities include Faribault, Watertown, Isanti and River Falls, Wisconsin.