It’s that time of year again, time to get out and see all the new trends in home design at the Parade of Homes(sm) and to see all the latest trends in Home Remodeling at the Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase®.
Here are some interesting and informative facts about the Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase®:
The Fall Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase is presented by the professional members of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities (BATC).
• The Remodelers Showcase has been held in the Twin Cities for 26 years.
• The tour runs September 27th through the 29th, with 88 remodeled homes open Friday from 1:00 to 7:00 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6:00 pm. A total of 73 professional remodeling firms are participating in the tour.
• All the remodeled homes are free to tour with the exception of three Dream Remodeled Homes that request a $5 donation to the BATC Foundation to enter. Two are teardown homes, #R7 by Cates Fine Homes located in White Bear Lake, and #R57 in Edina by Elevation Homes. The third is a main and upper level remodel, #R78 in Tonka Bay by AMALIA G. Construction.
• A comprehensive Guidebook includes information including maps and photos or illustrations of all the remodeling projects, and is available, free of charge, at area Holiday Stationstores.
• Guidebook readers can learn about two families’ remodeling experiences, see photos of the 2013 Remodeler of Merit Award winners, get tips on saving energy in their own homes, plus see trends in design and décor.
• Online tour planning is at the comprehensive website, www.ParadeofHomes.org. The new integrated mobile site at m.ParadeofHomes.org provides most of the same searches in an easy-to-read platform for smart phones and tablets.
• Visitors can plan to include 14 events held during the tour. The events include design and remodeling seminars as well as a cooking demonstration, hors d’oeuvres while you tour, even a local wine tasting.
• Homes are located in 32 cities across the region, with the most located in Minneapolis (16) and Edina (8).
• Projects range from kitchens (81) and additions (20) to whole house remodels (15), basements (9) and baths (16).
The 2013 Fall Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase is sponsored by Marvin Windows and Doors.