Kitchens are the heart of the home and therefore one of the best investments you can make when it comes to remodeling. An updated kitchen adds value to your home and makes it easier to sell. The following are tops trends in kitchen design. Some are easy, some are DIY and some are just plain awesome.
1. Eco Friendly — Saving the planet is all the rage these days and bringing eco friendly products and appliances into the kitchen is a no brainer. By using Energy Star appliances you can save money and help Mother Earth. Using products such as bamboo flooring or natural wood accents you’re reducing your carbon footprint just a bit.
2. Combining kitchen and living space — Bringing the living room into the kitchen (or the kitchen into the living) is a smart move. It makes the kitchen feel larger and allows the cook freedom to work in the kitchen but remain part of the party.
3. White Cabinetry — White cabinetry has made a comeback and why not? It’s beautiful, easy to clean and works well with any architectural design.
4. Built ins and multi functioning space — Having a pullout work space in your kitchen is a must have for both small and large kitchens. Folding away a breakfast table keeps the room flowing but provides work space and a functional eating area in smaller kitchens. It can also sub as a desk for homework.
5. The Pantry — The Pantry has also made a comeback after being a stable of older homes for generations. A stocked pantry can save you time and money and keep you organized. It’s also a great way to reduce clutter in the kitchen.
If you’d like to learn more about any of these top kitchen design trends please contact Mike from Pratt Remodeling for more information.